A Guide To Style Your Hair Like Great Gatsby At Home
If you are inspired by the great Gatsby hairstyles and want to style your hair like the people of that era, then the first thing you should know is the basics of styling. The twenties was an exciting time where music and fashion was a culture. Now the same grooming and hairstyles are back to trend as reported in www.cosmopolitan.com/style-beauty/beauty/advice/g3206/great-gatsby-hairstyles/?slide=1. If you are also among them, who are looking to recreate those twenties styles, listed below are a few of them and how to get it done at home.
Tuck and Cover: It is the hottest hairstyle right now among the great Gatsby hairstyles. Moreover, it is rather easy to do it at home as all you need is a stretchable headband.
- Start by using the headband to tie the front part of your hair.
- Using another headband put it on the tip of your head and a little on your forehead, by doing so you will be tucking all hair with the band.
- Use the left part of your head and hold a section of your hair that is about 1 inch thick and tuck it in using a headband. Make sure to pull it tight so that the end of the hair is out of the band.
- Next, use another 1 inch of your hair and add it to the hair that is sticking out of the band and roll it all together into that band. Like the previous step pull it tight so that the end is out of the band. If some of the hair fall out, you can tuck it back again by pulling the band tight.
- Continue this process of adding an inch of hair to the previously tucked hair till all your hair is tucked into the band.
- You can finish your hairstyling; the hair band should be slid back on top of the headband to cover and hide it. You can also alternately tuck the right and the left side of the hair as you approach the center.
- The overall idea is to have all your hair wrapped and tucked into a headband if any slips away tuck them back so that they are covered. You can apply some hairspray so that it does not fall out.
Ensure that you add something to keep your hair in place, if your hair is too clean it may fall out of the band. Best time is to do this hairstyle after two days of hair wash so that it gives you a grip on your hair.
Tuck and Cover Half: There are numerous versions of a tuck and covers, one of them is the tuck and cover half. The difference in this version is instead of using up all the hair only sides of the hair is tied using a soft headband.
- The headband is an inch back from the hairline.
- Tuck a section of the left side hair into the band, looping it back and pull it out from the bottom.
- Loop it again and pull it back, repeating the steps a few times.
- Pull the hair so that it is at the back of your head.